CELEBRATE THE LITTLE THINGS

Tuesday skating nights have been a night of dread for all of us. Lowen has not taken to skating as we hoped. He simply didn't like falling because it hurt. Many tears and even more wipeouts have left us skipping class or bribing him with DQ blizzards. Lowen quickly learned if he just stood there he wouldn't fall, making a 30 minute class feel like a lifetime.

Last night as I watched through the glass, I cringed as his tear filled puppy dog eyes looked over at me with the hope of being rescued. I desperately wanted to run on the ice and grab him reassuring him it doesn't matter if you can't skate, I still love you. I felt horrible leaving him out there, he felt miles away. I am so glad I did because after he fell again and again he started getting back up on his two skates all by himself and eventually started to SKATE. I had a permanent smile on my face the entire lesson and was screaming inside. He was waving at me with two hands making sure I saw him. I have never been so proud. When he got off the ice he asked me if I saw how fast he was going. Way to go Lowen Gordie!